Our Thanksgiving address was given by James. Jimmy shared with us how the story of Zacchaeus spoke to him even as a child growing up. Join us as he unpacks this passage in HIStory.
Dig deeper into HIStory: Luke 19:1-10
- How has someone talking badly about you affected you and what others say about you?
- Who are the people least respected in your culture or community? Why is that?
Read today’s passage in more than one verse of the Bible. (Luke 19:1-10)
- Where did this passage take place? What do we know Biblically about that place? (Luke 19:1; Josh 2:1; Josh 6:26; 1 Ki 16:34)
- Who are the characters involved? (Luke 19:1, 2, 3)
- How is Zacchaeus portrayed by Luke, and the crowds? (Luke 19:2, 19:7)
- What issues did Zacchaeus have with the crowds? How did he over come them? (Luke 19:2-4; 7-8)
- How did Jesus respond to Zacchaeus? (Luke 19:5, 9-10)
- How did Zacchaeus respond to Jesus’ self invitation? (Luke 19:6, 8)
- What effect does your reputation have on your life? (Daniel 6:3-5; Ezekiel 20:9-10; Prov. 22:1; Acts 10:1-4; Acts 24:16; 1 Thes 4:1; 1 Tim 3:7; 2 Corinthians 10:17-18; Matthew 6:1-8)
- When sharing the gospel how much attention should be placed on a person’s reputation? (Luke 19:10; Luke 5:31-32; Luke 15:4-7, 32; Matthew 9:13; Rom. 5:6)
- What does the response of Zacchaeus to Jesus show us about the power to change lives? (Luke 19:9; Heb 7:25; 1 Peter 2:10)